Looking for a way to rack up those rewards points? There are several. Here are some great ideas to get more points every single year.
First, be sure that you sign up for at least one of the very best rewards cards every year. The bonuses just for signing up right now are amazing, so you can get 100,000 miles just by completing your application if you choose your cards wisely.
If you cancel the account as soon as you get the rewards, you’ll only have a small impact on your credit card. Here are a few more great tips on racking up those points now:
- Enroll in a micro-lending program like Kiva.org. You can use your rewards card, the borrower pays you back over time, and you still get the rewards for using your card.
- Send money to friends or family members via PayPal or another online service. If you simply pay a friend, then have them send you that money back, you get the points, and you’re not out any money.
- Use iDine. You can register five different cards with this program, and you get your reward points just by eating out at the restaurants on their list. You get 15 points or 15% cash back for every $1 you spend.
- Be conscious of which cards you’re using. Use those that pay more on gas at the pump. Use those that pay more on groceries at the store. Just by segregating which cards you use when, you can really get some serious points.
- Shopping portals are your friend. If you shop through your credit card company, you could be in for a treat like double points or something similar. Just make sure you’re not paying too much.
- Use your card for medical expenses, then file for reimbursement from your flex spending account. It may take a bit longer, but you’re going to get more in the long run.
- If you use babysitters or contractors, ask if you can by with an American Express gift card instead of cash. You can buy this with your credit card, and it works just like cash for them.