In case you are hunting for reward credit cards, you will not be disappointed at all. There are dozens of such credit cards where you can earn generous amounts of rewards. In this article, we will be listing the best 4 reward credit cards, but we should clarify at the very beginning that they are not the only ones that you can get. There are many others. Feel free to compare each one of them before you zero down on a particular card.
Best Reward Credit Cards
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the best cards that you can get hold of if you are looking for a card that can accompany you for dining and travel while giving you flexible redemption. The salient features of the card include the following:
- If you spend $4,000 within 90 days from the date of opening your account, you will be eligible for 50,000 bonus points. These points will give you $625 for travel if you redeem the points through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- If you spend using the card for dining and traveling anywhere in the world, you will earn 2X reward points.
- If you use the card for any other purchase other than dining and traveling, you will earn 1 point against every $1 you spend.
- For leading hotel and airline loyalty programs, the card will allow 1:1 point transfer.
- There are no travel restrictions or blackout dates. If a flight has a seat, you can book it using Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- The card does have an annual fee of $95, but for the first year, the fee is waived.
- There is no such thing called introductory APR for this card. The regular APR is applicable right from day 1. The regular APR is 17.99% to 24.99% (variable). It is dependent on your creditworthiness.
2. Discover it® Cash Back Card
As the name suggests, this is one of the reward credit cards that you might want to get hold of if you love cash backs on your purchases. Offered by Discover, the Discover it® Cash Back Card comes with some unique features that include (but not limited to):
- You become eligible for an introductory offer in which Discover promises to match all the cash backs that you earn in the first year at the end of the year. Discover has set no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and there is no limit to how much cash back will be matched.
- In each quarter, there will be 5% cash back at different places such as wholesale clubs, Amazon.com, restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. However, there is a quarterly maximum allocated to it.
- You are also entitled to get 1% cash back on all other purchases. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn.
- The rewards you earn will stay as long as your account remains open. You can redeem the rewards anytime you want. You can also redeem the rewards partially.
- The card also allows you to redeem your rewards during the checkout process at Amazon.com.
- Discover also promises to check all risky websites when you try to sign up through those websites and send Social Security Number alters to you. This service is free of charge.
- The card does not ask for an annual fee and also provides an introductory APR of 0% for 14 months. This introductory APR is applicable for both balance transfers and purchases.
- Once the introductory APR offer expires, regular APR ranging from 13.99% to 24.99% will be applied.
3. Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
If you travel frequently, the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is one of the best you can get. There is a one-time introductory bonus along with tons of other bonuses as you keep spending. Let us take a look at the salient features of the card.
- Once you open an account and spend $3,000 within the first 90 days, Capital One will provide you with 50,000 miles (bonus points). 50,000 miles is equivalent to $500 in travel.
- Apart from this first-time bonus, you get to earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend every day. All the bonus points can be redeemed for most of the travel expenses.
- You can redeem these points at multiple hotels and multiple airlines because the card is not a co-branded card.
- There are no blackout dates. The bonus points can be used for travel on any day.
- Bonus miles that you earn will never expire. You can use them anytime you want.
- For TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, Capital One will credit $100 for the application fee.
- For the first year, there will be no annual fee, but a yearly fee of $95 will be applicable after that.
- There will be no fee for transacting with the card in foreign countries.
- There is no introductory APR offer, and the regular APR of 14.47% to 24.74% (variable) will apply from day one.
4. American Express Blue Cash Preferred® Card
If you are looking for reward credit cards that are perfect for family use, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card by American Express is the one you should be eyeing. The salient features of this credit card are:
- Within the first 90 days, spend $1,000 for purchasing and get a statement credit of $200.
- Spend at the U.S. Supermarkets up to $6,000 in the first year and get 6% cash back. After the first year, the cash back comes down to 1%.
- Spend in selected U.S. department stores and gas stations and get cash back of 3%.
- Spend on purchasing anything else and get cash back of 1%.
- The cash back that you receive is redeemable in the form of merchandise, gift cards or statement credit.
- There is an annual fee of $95, and you get an introductory APR offer of 0% for 1 year from the date of opening the account. The introductory APR is valid for both balance transfers and purchases.
- Upon expiry of the introductory APR offer, regular APR of 14.99% to 25.99% (variable) will become applicable. The APR that you will get will depend on your creditworthiness.
Opting for reward credit cards is a great way to save a lot of money on your expenses. However, do remember that these credit cards are usually for those who have a stellar credit history because they come with a lot of perks. If you have a bad credit record and you want a credit card, check out our article on ‘Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit.’